- ⅓ cup Darigold Original or Mexican Style Sour Cream
- ⅓ cup Darigold Plain Low Fat Yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Zest from 1 whole lime
For the beef & beans
- 8 ounces ground beef
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup canned black beans, with liquid
- 3-4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8-12 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- ½ cup Darigold Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 4 ounces tortilla chips (about 40 total), whole or crumbled
- Make the crema. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sour cream, salt, ground cumin, lime juice and zest. Thin with water, 1-2 teaspoons at a time, to reach desired consistency. Serve immediately over the taco salad, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Cook the beef and beans. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up and stirring until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the water, black beans, and taco seasoning. Bring to a simmer and cook just until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. When done, cover and set aside.
- Assemble the taco bowls. Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, corn, avocado, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and rice (if adding) into bowls. Add the ground beef and beans (about ½ cup per salad) and top each salad with 2-3 tablespoons cumin-lime crema. Mix well and enjoy.