On the Darigold website, our priority is offering our customers instant access to product information. In that effort, we respect and protect the privacy of those who use our website and associated services.
Federal legislation requires us to provide this description of our information collection and sharing practices. This document, effective August 22, 2001, specifically describes how we handle your personally identifiable information and applies to information services for your personal use provided by Darigold.
We employ industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards to protect the personally identifiable information that you receive from us.
Information Collection Policy
As functions of operation and quality assurance, it is necessary to request and collect information from users of Darigold website services.
The information we collect may include the following:
- General information: We may request your name, address, phone, and e-mail address to fulfill your requested service, and to contact you in the future.
Information to verify your identity: We may require a Username and Password in order to provide you with secure access in the future. We may also verify your identity, or your status as a registered user, by means of an Internet cookie. Cookies may also be used to manage your data when you choose preferences on our website.
- Technical information about your computer or browser: As a function of our software, we collect this data to allow us to provide you with the correct product or service you request. We may also use this information to format e-mail messages that best align with your computer’s capabilities.
- Vote information: To ensure a quality of service, we may request your opinion for business priorities, future website enhancements, or relevant company issues through an online poll or similar method.
Darigold does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties unless it is related to fulfilling the services you’ve asked us to perform, or as required by law.
The information you provide us will only be shared under limited circumstances. These circumstances may include:
- Conforming to legal requirements: In some cases we may be required to disclose certain information to comply with the law, an investigation, or a legal process, such as a court order or subpoena.
- In case of a sale of a business: Your information may be transferred in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of Darigold, or its associated organizations.
We treat information concerning our former customers the same way we treat information about our current customers.