- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved, boned and skinned
- 3 tablespoons Darigold Butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced (can substitute with rosemary or basil)
- 1 cup Darigold Sour Cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Swiss Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large frying pan and lightly brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste and stir until smooth; slowly stir in chicken stock.
- Return chicken to pan and add the tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or just until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk sour cream into the sauce and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with grated cheese and brown lightly under the broiler.
Tip: To make a complete meal serve with rice or pasta and veggies!