- 2 large yellow onions, halved, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 leeks, halved lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced (white and light-green parts only)
- 1½ cups Darigold sour cream
- ⅓ cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions.
- Cook until they soften and begin to brown (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add the oil, season with salt and continue cooking until the onions are very soft and slightly caramelized (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in leeks and cook until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- When cooled, stir in the sour cream, shallots, chives, lemon juice, Worcestershire and cayenne.
- Season with salt to taste.
Serve with assorted vegetables and pita chips. Makes 1 shareable bowl.