- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Darigold Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional, can substitute for dried cranberries)
- In large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in buttermilk, applesauce, oil and egg; mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. Note: If desired, muffins can be baked immediately.
- The next morning – Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In small bowl, combine butter and milk; beat at highest speed until light and fluffy. Makes 1 cup.
Tip: Make maple butter by substituting maple flavored syrup for milk.