Mushroom Cheeseburger Pasta Skillet
Total Time 40 minutes
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, diced or sliced
- 1 cup diced sweet or yellow onion (from 1 small onion)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 8 ounces dry cavatappi pasta or macaroni
- ½ cup Darigold FIT milk
- 2 cups freshly shredded Darigold Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour or 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, mushrooms, and onion. Stir frequently, breaking up the beef and large clumps, and cook until beef is browned and onions and mushrooms are tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper; stir to incorporate. Add the beef broth, water and pasta. Increase the heat, cover, and bring to a boil. When the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until pasta is al dente, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and shredded cheese and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3-5 minutes. Add flour or cornstarch slurry to thicken, if desired. Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for a few minutes until the sauce thickens a bit. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.