Kentucky Butter Cake
This Southern-style sweet buttery cake will have everyone begging for a second slice.
Total Time 1.5H
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Darigold Buttermilk
- 1 cup Darigold Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Darigold Butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 – 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- Powdered sugar
- Darigold Whipping Cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Generously grease and lightly flour 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until tests done.
- Do not remove from pan.
- In small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients; cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Using long-tined fork, pierce hot cake in pan 10 – 12 times.
- Slowly pour hot sauce over cake.
- Remove cake from pan immediately after sauce has been absorbed, 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cool completely. Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream.