- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Darigold small curd cottage cheese (8oz.)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) Darigold butter, melted, plus more for greasing skillet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated lemon peel (optional)
- Lightly grease an oven-proof platter and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl; stir in cottage cheese, flour, and sugar.
- Mix until just blended but still lumpy.
- Gently stir in melted butter, vanilla, and grated lemon peel (optional) to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or a griddle over medium heat; swirl a pat of butter over bottom of pan.
- Pour batter onto the skillet in 1/4-cups portions onto the skillet, allowing for space between each pancake.
- Cook until edges are light golden brown and bubbles form on the top.
- Turn pancakes over and cook until the bottoms are light golden brown. Pancakes should be crispy outside and creamy inside.
- Place cooked pancakes on platter in 200°F.-oven to keep warm while you cook remaining pancakes.
Best served with butter and our Orange Buttermilk Syrup. Makes about 16 (4-inch) pancakes.