- 4 flour tortillas, 8-inch in diameter
- 1 cup Darigold cottage cheese (8oz) drained
- 1-2 cups roasted vegetables
- Zucchini, cubed
- 1 each red, yellow, green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, vertically sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- Eggplant, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Turn oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil, spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer over prepared cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and roast for 15-20 min, or until veggies are tender and have a bit of char on them. This mixture can also be grilled in the BBQ (use a grill topper to prevent small items from falling through the grill onto heating source) until charred for a smoky flavor.
Makes roughly 6 cups of roasted vegetables.
- Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Place one tortilla in bottom of skilled and heat; flip to other side and repeat. The Tortilla should be soft enough to fold over.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of cottage cheese over one half of tortilla; top with 2-3 tablespoons of roasted vegetables.
- Gently fold bare half of the tortilla over the filling. Cook for 1-2 min to heat the veggies and melt the cheese. Flip to other side and heat an additional 1-2 minutes until filling is heated through.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
Tip: For a heartier quesadilla, add 2-3 tablespoons of shredded Darigold Cheddar cheese before cooking and top with Darigold Mexican Sour Cream.