Buttered Pasta with Pistachios
This simple recipe is a light and buttery take on spaghetti night.
Total Time 25M
- 1 stick Darigold butter, clarified*
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or onion
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta (optional)
- 1 box (14.5 oz) spaghetti pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring salted water to a boil – cook your pasta according to package directions
- Combine clarified butter, pistachios and shallots in skillet over medium-high heat; stir fry until nuts are lightly toasted and shallots are translucent.
- Add in the pancetta to lightly crisp.
- Remove from heat; add hot pasta, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and parsley; toss to mix well.
*Microwave Clarified Butter:
- Place 1 stick (1/2 cup) Darigold butter in microwave-safe measuring cup.
- Cook in microwave oven at MEDIUM (50 percent) power 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until butter is melted and foamy on top.
- Remove and set aside; allow solids to sink to bottom of cup.
- Skim remaining solids from top.
- Pour off clarified butter from the top and discard any milk solids and water that remain at bottom of cup.
- Discard foam and milk solids.
- Makes about 6 tablespoons clarified butter.
Tip: Serve on 8 to 10 small plates as appetizer.