Appetizers & Sides
Creamy Gruyère Au Gratin Potatoes
There’s a reason, maybe four (heavy cream, potatoes, butter, cheese) that this simple side has it’s own spot on everyone’s weeknight and holiday tables.
Total Time 2.5H
- 4 cups gruyère cheese
- 1-1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Darigold Butter
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 4 cups Darigold Heavy Cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- Combine cheeses in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add garlic and sauté until garlic is translucent but not browned.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and thyme; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, layer half of the potatoes in an oven- proof casserole or a pan greased with butter.
- Pour half of hot cream mixture over the potatoes; layer half of cheese mixture on top of potato mixture.
- Repeat layering process with remaining potatoes, cream and cheese.
- Bake at 325°F for 2 hours, or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted and golden.