The Darigold brand legacy began in 1918.
Headquartered in Seattle, Darigold, Inc. is the marketing and processing subsidiary of the Northwest Dairy Association (NDA), which is owned by around 350 dairy farm families in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. One of the largest US dairy processors, Darigold produces a full line of dairy-based products for retail, foodservice, commodity and specialty markets. We operate 11 plants throughout the Northwest.
A Darigold year involves a lot of milk, butter, cheese and plenty of coffee with cream to keep us fueled for the 24-7-365 effort it takes to get milk and dairy products from farm to fridge.
- Darigold employs nearly 1,700 people
- Darigold handles approximately 10 billion pounds of milk annually
- We operate 11 processing facilities located in close proximity to the roughly 350 northwest dairy farms that supply the milk.
- Those plants turn milk into hundreds of different dairy products from fresh local favorites like 2% cottage cheese, to ingredient milk powders.
- Darigold sends upward of 40 percent of its production to customers in 30+ foreign markets, the largest being Mexico.
Customers, industry and cooperative associations, business media, and non-profit organizations have honored Darigold with awards, recognizing our commitment to excellence in manufacturing, marketing and communications, sustainability, and contributions to the community.
Seattle Business Magazine: Community Impact Awards
- NDA and Darigold received the Gold Award for sustainable practices both on co-op member farms and across Darigold operations.
The Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce 2019 Business of the Year.