The Darigold brand legacy began in 1918.
Headquartered in Seattle, Darigold, Inc. is the marketing and processing subsidiary of the Northwest Dairy Association (NDA), which is owned by about 300 dairy farm families in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. One of the largest US dairy processors, Darigold produces a full line of dairy-based products for retail, foodservice, commodity and specialty markets. We operate 11 plants throughout the Northwest, with another one under construction.
A Darigold year involves a lot of milk, butter, cheese and plenty of coffee with cream to keep us fueled for the 24-7-365 effort it takes to get milk and dairy products from farm to fridge.
- Darigold employs more than 1,900 people
- Darigold handles nearly 10 billion pounds of milk annually
- We operate 11 processing facilities located in close proximity to the roughly 300 northwest dairy farms that supply the milk.
- Those plants turn milk into hundreds of different dairy products from fresh local favorites like 2% cottage cheese, to ingredient milk powders.
- Darigold sends upward of 40 percent of its production to customers in about 30 foreign markets, the largest being Mexico.