- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 corn or flour tortillas*
- 1 carton (16 oz.) Darigold cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups chopped lettuce, divided
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes, divided
- 1 cup Darigold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Favorite salsa
Heat oil in a frying pan; add one tortilla and fry until golden and crispy on both sides (about 2 minutes). Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Combine cottage cheese with taco seasoning mix in a medium-size bowl and stir until blended. Place one fried tortilla on a serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture over top of tortilla; top with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas and serve with salsa.
Serving tip: Stir one can (15 oz.) drained seasoned black beans into the cottage cheese mixture for added protein.
* Pre-fried tostada shells, available at most grocery stores, may be substituted.