Layered Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups chopped broccoli flowerets
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsalted, dry roasted, hulled sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) 50% less fat bacon pieces
In a large, glass serving bowl, layer broccoli, onion and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, mayonnaise and vinegar. Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the layered salad. Layer cheese on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bacon pieces just before serving.
Preparation: 25 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 6 servings.