Easy Corn Chowder
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups milk
- 1 package (1 lb. 4 oz.) refrigerated diced cooked potatoes (like Simply Potatoes)
- 1 can (14.75 oz) creamed corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup Darigold Crema Mexicana Agria
- Shredded Cheddar cheese for garnish
In 4 quart saucepan, stir-fry bacon and onions over medium high heat until bacon is just crisp. Drain excess bacon fat if desired. Add milk and potatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes. Stir in creamed corn, corn and Crema Agria. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until heated throughout. Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese. Serve hot.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Tip: For a quick start, begin with a package (11 oz.) creamy potato soup mix (like Bear Creek Country Kitchens) cooked according to package directions. Add one can (14.75 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained and cooked bacon bits (like Hormel real crumbled bacon). Stir in 1 cup Darigold Crema Mexicana Agria. Heat 3 to 5 minutes until hot. Garnish with shredded cheese. Makes 8 servings.