Chicken Breasts In Sour Cream-Almond Sauce
- 4 whole chicken breasts, halved, boned and skinned
- 3 tablespoons Darigold Butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 cup Darigold Sour Cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Swiss Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Melt butter in large frying pan and lightly brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside. In remaining butter in pan sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add flour and tomato paste and stir until smooth; slowly stir in chicken stock. Return chicken to pan and add the tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or just until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a shallow baking dish. Whisk sour cream into the sauce and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with grated cheese and almonds and brown lightly under the broiler.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.