Mushroom Phyllo Bites
- 2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 oz pancetta or regular bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Darigold Butter, (1/2 cup, plus 1/2 melted for brushing phyllo layers)
- 8-10 cups course chopped fresh mushrooms, (approximately 2 Lb.)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, (1/2 cup for filling, 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 15 sheets phyllo dough
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Saute garlic and pancetta in 1/2 cup Darigold butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until slightly soft. Add 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley to cooked mushroom mixture. Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on work surface and brush with melted butter. Top this sheet with a second sheet of phyllo and again, brush with melted butter. Working quickly, lay 3/4 cup of mushroom mixture in a strip along the long edge of the pastry closest to you. Top with a third sheet of phyllo dough and roll away from you, to create a pastry roll. Repeat to create 5 rolls. Place each roll on a baking sheet, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Italian parsley. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool. Using a serrated knife, cut each pastry roll on a diagonal into 10 individual pastries.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 40 to 50 pastries.