- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3½ lbs.), peeled and diced
- 4 cups sliced leeks (about 4 medium), white and light-green parts only
- 3 Tablespoons Darigold butter
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1½ teaspoons poultry seasoning or dried ground sage
- 1½ cups soup starter (see recipe)
- 1 cup Darigold milk
- 1 cup Darigold heavy cream or half-and-half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Darigold sour cream
Bring water to boil in a large stockpot. Add potatoes and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. Cut leeks in half length-wise; rinse with water to remove debris. Slice leeks into half-rounds ¼-inch thick. Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat until hot; add the butter and leeks. Cook leeks, stirring frequently for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft. Add potatoes, stock and poultry seasoning; bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the soup starter, milk and cream and return to a summer. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 15 minutes, or until heated throughout.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
Pulse mixture in a blender or food processor (in batches if necessary) until mixture is completely smooth, taking care while blending hot liquids.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 to 6 servings.