- 8 Corn Tortillas, cut into wedges
- Non-stick oil spray
- 1 Cup Darigold Sour Cream (low-fat or regular)
- 1 Can (15 oz) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can (7 oz) Salsa Verde
- 1 Can (15.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place corn tortilla wedges on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until tortillas are slightly browned.
Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray and layer 1/3 of the tortilla wedges in the bottom of the pan. Top with successive layers of Darigold Sour Cream, black beans, salsa verde, diced tomatoes with green chilies, shredded cheese and tortilla wedges. Finish with a final layer of tortilla wedges. Bake torta at 375°F for 20 minutes. Garnish with additional sour cream and chopped green onions if desired.
Choose from these ingredients for even more variety:
• 1 cup Cooked Ground Beef
• 1 cup Cooked Chopped Chicken
• 1 cup Corn
• 1/2 Cup Chopped Green of Red Bell Peppers
Preparation: 8 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4-6 servings.