- 1 cup darigold plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chile-ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- A few curry leaves (kadhi patta)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar or jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Blend the yogurt and chickpea flour till the mixture is smooth; set aside. Heat ghee in a saucepan. Stirfry the cumin and fenugreek seeds till they crackle. Add the curry leaves and chile-ginger paste. Stir until blended. Add the yogurt mix, 1 cup of water, salt and sugar/jaggery. Mix and boil. Stir and bring to boil, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 4 servings.