Light Sundried Tomato Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 1/2 cups pre-packaged, pre-shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent)
- 1 cup Darigold Fat Free Half & Half
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Sprinkle Italian Cheese blend and sundried tomatoes into baked pie shell. In a large a large bowl, combine eggs and half & half, tarragon, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is set.
Quiche with proscuitto: Add 1 oz. of chopped proscuitto by sprinkling over tomato/cheese mixture in pie shell. Proceed with recipe combining eggs, half & half and seasonings.
Quiche with Pesto: Omit tarragon, salt and pepper. Substitute 1/4 cup Pesto by combining it with half & half and eggs.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45-50 minutes