- 12 eggs
- ½ cup Darigold whole milk
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Darigold butter
- ½ cup thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup scallions, sliced into diagonal pieces
- ½ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or basil
Place rack in top third of oven and preheat to 375°F. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk; add milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to mix. Heat a large (10-12 -inch), ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add butter, leeks and red onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add scallions and cook for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and slowly pour in the egg mixture. Cook eggs without stirring until the edge just begins to set (about 3 minutes).
Place skillet in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are set in the center. Carefully flip onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 8 servings