- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Darigold Butter, cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup Darigold Half and Half or Whipping Cream
- Darigold Half and Half or Whipping Cream
SWEETENED CLOTTED CREAM
- 1 cup Darigold Sour Cream
- 1 cup Darigold Whipping Cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease large cookie sheet. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon peel. Using fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup half and half just until soft dough forms.
Turn dough out onto well-floured surface; knead dough 5 to 6 times. On lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter or cookie cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush scones with half and half; sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Bake at 400°F for 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
SWEETENED CLOTTED CREAM:
In medium bowl combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover; store in refrigerator.
Makes 2 1/2 cups.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 24 scones.