Cheesy Oven Frittata
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup Darigold Milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Darigold Chive Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Darigold Sour Cream (optional)
- Fresh basil as garnish (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and garlic powder. Beat with a whisk until combined. Stir in cheddar or mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Pour into greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake, uncovered, in a 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm salsa over medium-low heat about 5 minutes or until warm, stirring occasionally. To serve, cut frittata into 6 wedges. Top with salsa and sour cream (optional). Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 6 servings.