Black Forest Cupcakes
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Darigold Sour Cream
- ½ cup (1 stick) Darigold Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry-pie filling, divided
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Darigold Heavy Cream, whipped
Combine cake mix, sour cream, butter, 1 cup pie filling, eggs and almond extract in a large mixing bowl for one minute, using an electric mixer on low speed. Scrape down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase mixer speed to medium-high and beat 2 more minutes, or until batter is well mixed. (Cherries will be a little chunky.) Spoon into cupcake pans coated with vegetable oil spray.
Bake at 350°F for 20-24 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then gently remove cupcakes from pan to wire rack and allow to cool completely. Just before serving, frost with whipped cream and garnish with remaining cherries. Serve immediately.
RECIPE YIELD/SERVING SIZE
Makes 24 cupcakes or 12 jumbo cupcakes