Hot Gingered Fruit Salad
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) pear halves cut into chunks
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15-16 oz.)light or dark pitted cherries
- 1 can (15-16 oz.) peaches, plums or any other canned fruit
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 to 5 tablespoons Darigold Butter
Pour all canned fruits into a colander and drain well discarding fruit juices. Meanwhile combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger into large saucepan and heat over medium high heat stirring with wire whisk until well blended and sugar is melted. Pour drained fruit into butter mixture and gently mix until fruit is heated throughout Serve at warm or refrigerate to serve cold. Makes about 8 servings.
Note: Amount of sugar and spices will depend on individual tastes.
Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking: about 20 minutes